Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Getting IT out of the house

Well, my friend Coralee commented that I better get the junk out of my house.  So I took that pretty seriously.  I will admit to freezing some of the treats I have around for some future date...  but I put a lot in a bag to give to a friend and out it's going today.  

The diet is mostly comprised of salads and other veggies.  I am also allowed to have some winter squash, yams, quinoa, millet, and buckwheat.  It allows goat cheese - which is quite tasty.  And organic butter and eggs.  I can also have organic meats but not at the same time as starches.  So it's either yams and salad or wild caught fish and salad - but not fish and yams.  See what I mean?  Also allowed are avocados  - which I do love - and fresh juices (that don't contain fruit but other things instead).  I'm over simplifying in my description here but as I write down what I ate, you'll get the gist.  I'm also using Stevia artificial sweetener - which is supposed to be a safe sweetener.  Hope so. 

The supplements I'm using are probiotics and candigone for starters.  I'll see how that goes.  Probiotics in the morning when I have juice for breakfast.  Then candigone before lunch. 

I weighed in at 138.5 this morning.  Also, I did yoga yesterday - I love yoga.  So happy when I get to take a class.  Tried to stick to the diet yesterday but didn't.  I failed at about 3 pm with some bread and then again after dinner with some cake.  Sigh.  It's going to be HARD for me, guys.  I appreciate all the encouragement I'm getting but the truth is, I don't know if I can make it even 12 hours without sugar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment